The current Policy establishes the procedure for processing personal data and measures to ensure the security of personal data by the website geeklink.io (hereinafter referred to as “GeekLink”).
This Policy contains the following information:
- Purpose of processing personal data;
- List of personal data for which the data subject's consent is given for processing;
- Name or surname, first name, patronymic, and address of the person processing personal data, if the processing is delegated to such person;
- List of actions with personal data for which consent is given, general description of the methods used by GeekLink for processing personal data;
- Duration of the data subject's consent and the method of revoking it, unless otherwise provided by federal law;
- Information on how to revoke consent for the processing of personal data.
Personal data – any information relating directly or indirectly to an identified or identifiable individual (data subject);
Processing of personal data – any action (operation) or set of actions (operations) performed with or without the use of automation tools with personal data, including collection, recording, systematization, accumulation, storage, clarification (updating, modification), retrieval, use, transmission (distribution, provision, access), depersonalization, blocking, deletion, destruction of personal data;
Principles of collecting personal data:
- Processing of personal data is carried out on a lawful and fair basis.
- Processing of personal data is limited to achieving specific, predetermined, and legitimate purposes.
- The merging of databases containing personal data processed for incompatible purposes is not allowed.
- Only personal data that corresponds to the purposes of its processing is subject to processing.
- The content and volume of processed personal data correspond to the stated purposes of processing.
- When processing personal data, the accuracy, sufficiency, and, if necessary, relevance of personal data to the purposes of processing are ensured.
- GeekLink takes necessary measures or ensures their implementation to delete or rectify incomplete or inaccurate data.
- Storage of personal data is carried out in a form that allows identifying the data subject for no longer than required by the purposes of processing, unless the storage period is established by federal law, a contract with the data subject, or a contract where the data subject is a beneficiary or guarantor. Processed personal data shall be destroyed or anonymized upon achievement of the processing goals or in case the necessity to achieve these goals is no longer present, unless otherwise provided by federal law.
List of collected personal data:
GeekLink may collect the following information about website users:
- Last name, first name, patronymic
- Mailing address, etc.
- Email address
- Phone number
- User's place of work and position
- IP address
- Media files (images, videos, etc.)
- Other information
User control over personal data:
You have the right to obtain information about all your Personal Data stored on the GeekLink website at any time. The request for obtaining all Personal Data stored on the GeekLink website can be made in the user's account: “Account” ->> “Data Export.”
You have the right to change the display settings of your Personal Data stored on the GeekLink website at any time. Management of the display of user's Personal Data on the GeekLink website is possible in the user's account: “Account” ->> “Privacy.”
You have the right to delete all your Personal Data stored on the GeekLink website at any time. The deletion of all Personal Data stored on the GeekLink website can be done automatically in the user's account: “Account” ->> “Delete Account.”
In addition to that, the withdrawal of consent for the processing of Personal Data and the deletion of Personal Data can be requested by submitting a written request to the email address email@example.com. However, in the event of withdrawal of consent or deletion of personal data, GeekLink cannot guarantee the quality and comprehensive provision of information and/or services.
Use of information:
Below are some ways in which personal information of users may be used:
- For internal reporting purposes.
- To provide information and services requested by the user.
- To improve the quality of the website's products.
- To enhance the quality of service delivery.
- To monitor the functioning of the website.
- To send various forms of electronic correspondence.
- To conduct surveys.
- To generate statistical data.
Disclosure of Information
GeekLink does not sell user's personal data or disclose it to third parties without the user's consent.
The following are some cases of sharing personal user information:
For seamless provision of services by third parties with the user's permission.
In cases where it is required by law enforcement agencies or legislation.
For exchanging personal data with other organizations, service providers, and agents.
Exchange of personal data with other organizations, service providers, and agents
GeekLink engages certain auxiliary services (including organizations and third parties, as listed below), subcontractors, and content delivery networks that assist in website maintenance and the provision of services described in service agreements. We only provide the necessary personal information about the user to such companies for the purpose of providing services. We require each company to protect this information in accordance with this policy and use it solely for the purposes of providing services to the company. The responsibility for the protection of personal data lies with these third-party organizations.
List of third-party auxiliary services:
- Google Analytics. For detailed information about its use, you can visit: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Yandex Services. For detailed information about its use, you can visit: https://yandex.com/legal/confidentiality/
- VK Pixel Application. For detailed information about its use, you can visit: https://vk.com/page-19542789_53869861
- YouTube. For detailed information about its use, you can visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en
- Vimeo. For detailed information about its use, you can visit: https://vimeo.com/privacy
- Google. For detailed information about its use, you can visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (such as videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you are a registered user and upload photos to the site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Visitors can extract this information by downloading images from the website.
If a visitor leaves a comment on the site, we collect the data entered in the comment form, as well as the visitor's IP address and browser user agent data, to detect spam.
Storage and protection of personal data
The personal data you provide in connection with the use of the website is protected in several ways.
- Your personal information is stored on secure servers accessible only by GeekLink and affiliated parties through passwords.
- At the time of transmission, personal data is encrypted.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information sent to us, both during transmission and after receiving it. However, no method of transmitting information over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While we consider the confidential nature of the personal information we receive, process, and store, as well as the current state of technology in selecting appropriate measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions regarding the security of our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use this website. If you are under 18, please do not enter any information on this site or use our services. If you believe that your child under the age of 18 has provided personal information, please contact the responsible Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com so that we can delete the data and the child's account.